Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. occurrence of vitamin A in food
Large amounts of the vitamin are found in animal foods such as liver and sausage. Smaller amounts of vitamin A are found in eggs, butter, milk or fish. Plant foods contain the precursor of vitamin A. This precursor is called beta-carotene. With the help of the provitamin, the human organism is able to produce retinol itself when needed. This is contained in carrots, pumpkin, spinach or kale.
Foods with a high beta-carotene content are (Vitamin A content per 100g) :
- Liver approx. 22 mg / 73 i.U.
- Green kale approx. 9 mg / 30 i.U.
- carrot approx. 9 mg / 30 i.U.
- liver sausage approx. 8.5 mg / 28 i.U.
- parsley approx. 6 mg / 20 i.s.
- Dried apricot approx. 6 mg / 20 i.e.
- Savoy cabbage approx. 5 mg / 17 p.m.
- Dill approx. 5 mg / 17 i.e.
- Palm oil approx. 4.5 mg / 15 i.e.
- Lamb's lettuce approx. 4 mg / 13 i.e.
2. what is vitamin A?
Vitamin A is an essential vitamin. The human body cannot produce the vitamin itself, so vitamin A must be taken in daily with food. Vitamin A is strictly speaking an organic compound that is important for biological processes such as gene transcription. Vitamin A is essential for vision and cell growth.
3 The functions of vitamin A
- is indispensable for vision
- ensures the maintenance of healthy skin and hair
- promotes the iron metabolism
- plays an essential role in the production of testosterone and thus helps significantly in reproduction with
- is essential for the visual process and ensures, among other things, the differentiation between light and dark
- provides for the regeneration of the skin
- fights free radicals
- strengthens the bone structure of children
4. the daily requirement of vitamin A
According to the recommendations of the German Nutrition Society (DGE), women should take in approx. 0.8 mg (2.6 i.U.) and men 1.0 mg (3.3 i.U.) of vitamin A per day.
For children the value is approx. 0.6 mg (2 i.U.). However, in some life situations (such as pregnancy), certain diseases or operations, the daily intake may be increased.
Vitamin Owl® Vitamin A Capsules
In our online shop you will find our Vitamin A capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Vitamin A capsules contain 3,000 µg of pure retinyl acetate per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: occurrence of vitamin A in food
Vitamin A is an essential vitamin. It is found in high quantities in animal products such as offal. The precursor of vitamin A is present in plant products. Vitamin A is particularly important for the visual process and for distinguishing between light and dark. The vitamin should be taken in daily through a healthy and balanced diet.
- Vitamin A and the epigenome
- Vitamin A as "anti-infective" therapy, 1920-1940
- Vitamin A Supplementation for Prevention of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: Cornerstone of Care or Futile Therapy?
- Effects of feeding on plasma concentrations of vitamin A in captive African penguins (Spheniscus demersus)
- Preparation of milk protein-vitamin A complexes and their evaluation for vitamin A binding ability