Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. is folic acid water soluble?
Folic acid is water-soluble and belongs to the B vitamins. Folate is the umbrella term for many different compounds. These show the vitamin effect as a natural form in food. Above all, folic acid is essential for the formation of blood cells and cell division. In addition, folic acid participates in the metabolism of certain amino acids. In combination with vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and vitamin B2, folic acid participates in homosysteine degradation.
2 The daily requirement of folic acid
Many people wonder whether folic acid can be overdosed. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily intake of 400 micrograms of folic acid for an adult. People who consume larger amounts of alcohol have a higher need for folic acid. For women of childbearing potential, nursing mothers or pregnant women, the recommended intake of folic acid is 800 micrograms per day. Dosage and daily requirement may vary in certain life situations, such as pregnancy and lactation or during heavy physical exertion.
3 Who has an increased folic acid requirement?
Pregnant and breastfeeding women and women who would like to become pregnant have an increased folic acid requirement. If the baby does not receive enough folate in the womb, miscarriages and premature births can occur. In addition, a folic acid deficiency in early pregnancy can lead to malformations in the child. The most common consequence is an open back in the child. Especially women who have taken the pill for a long time need more folic acid, because the pill increases the need for folic acid. People who are addicted to alcohol also have an increased need for folic acid.
4.folic acid in the form of food supplements
Anyone who wants to increase a folate level that is too low with a dietary supplement should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Folate capsules are particularly suitable for increasing folate levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. Likewise, the preparation should not contain any chemical additives. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Folic acid capsules
In our online store you will find our folic acid capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Folic Acid Capsules contain 400 µg of pure folate per capsule per capsule. Each tin contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: Is folic acid water soluble?
Folic acid is a water-soluble vitamin. It belongs to the B vitamins. You can get enough folic acid through a healthy and balanced lifestyle. In certain life situations, such as pregnancy, one needs an excess of folic acid. In case of a deficiency, the supplementation of folic acid in the form of food supplements can be very useful. You can choose between folic acid capsules and folic acid tablets. Both forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia.
- Association between maternal folate status and gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Nutritional status and dietary intake of institutionalized elderly in Turkey: a cross-sectional, multi-center, country representative study
- Disclaimer and general notice on medical topics: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP): Natural Occurrence, Analysis, Biosynthesis, Biotechnology, Physiology and Toxicology