Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. does guarana increase physical performance?
Guarana is a natural ingredient extracted from the seeds of the guarana bush and is often used as an energy booster and performance enhancer due to its stimulating effects. Many people, especially athletes and fitness enthusiasts, are looking for ways to improve their physical performance, and guarana can be a helpful support. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at how guarana can improve physical performance.
1. increase energy levels
The high concentrations of caffeine and other stimulant compounds in guarana can help increase energy levels and improve physical performance. Caffeine acts as a stimulant on the central nervous system and can help reduce fatigue and exhaustion.
2. increase endurance
Guarana can also help increase endurance. A 2017 study found that taking guarana extract significantly improved athletes' running performance by reducing heart rate and oxygen consumption during exercise.
3. improvement of muscle strength.
Guarana can also improve muscle strength and performance. A 2011 study found that taking guarana extract significantly improved muscle strength in men by increasing the number of repetitions during strength training.
4. reduction of muscle fatigue
Guarana can also help reduce muscle fatigue. A 2018 study found that taking guarana extract improved physical performance in cyclists by reducing muscle fatigue during exercise.
5. Improving mental alertness.
Guarana can also improve mental alertness, which can be especially beneficial during physically demanding activities. A 2016 study found that taking guarana extract improved mental alertness and concentration in cyclists.
2. What exactly is guarana?
Guarana is a plant-based ingredient derived from the seeds of the guarana shrub (Paullinia cupana). The guarana bush is a small tree native to the rainforests of the Amazon basin. The plant belongs to the soap tree family (Sapindaceae) and can grow up to 12 meters high. The fruits of the guarana bush are spherical and have a diameter of about one centimeter. Each fruit contains three to five seeds, each surrounded by a red or orange hull. The seeds are harvested, roasted, and then processed into a powder or extract. Guarana has been an important part of Brazilian culture for centuries and is often used as a natural stimulant. The indigenous people of the Amazon region have used guarana for centuries as a medicine and energy source. The plant was first used by the Guaraní Indians in southern Brazil, who used it as an aphrodisiac and to treat gastrointestinal problems. In modern times, guarana is a popular ingredient in many dietary supplements, energy drinks and other products that are said to have a stimulating effect. The effects of guarana are due to the high concentration of caffeine and other stimulant compounds found in the seeds. Guarana also has many other potential health benefits. The compound can stimulate metabolism, suppress appetite and help burn calories. It can also improve mental alertness and concentration, brighten mood and increase physical performance.
3. What exactly are the ingredients of guarana?
Guarana is a plant-based ingredient extracted from the seeds of the guarana bush. It is often used as a natural stimulant and is found in many dietary supplements, energy drinks and other products. Guarana contains a variety of ingredients that are responsible for its stimulant effects. One of the main ingredients in guarana is caffeine. In fact, guarana contains more caffeine than any other plant in the world. Caffeine is a stimulant that increases alertness and concentration and reduces fatigue. It can also stimulate the metabolism and help burn calories. In addition, guarana also contains theophylline, theobromine and other alkaloids. These compounds have similar properties to caffeine and can help enhance the effects of guarana. Theophylline is often used to treat asthma, while theobromine is found in chocolate and is known for its stimulant and mood-enhancing properties. Guarana also contains tannins, which are responsible for the bitter taste of the extract. Tannins are antioxidants that can help protect cells from free radical damage. They can also lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation. In addition to caffeine, theophylline, theobromine and tannins, guarana also contains fiber, protein, carbohydrates and minerals such as calcium, iron and phosphorus. These nutrients can help provide the body with energy and improve overall health. Another important ingredient in guarana is guaranine, a compound structurally identical to caffeine. Guaranine has similar stimulant properties to caffeine and can help enhance the effects of guarana. It is also often used to treat migraines and headaches. In summary, guarana contains a variety of ingredients that are responsible for its stimulant effects. The combination of caffeine, theophylline, theobromine, tannins, and other compounds makes guarana a popular ingredient in many supplements and energy drinks. However, it is important to note that guarana can also have adverse effects, especially when taken in large quantities. As with all dietary supplements, you should consult with a physician or nutritionist before taking guarana.
4. guarana in the form of dietary supplements
Guarana is commercially available in the form of dietary supplements. It comes in the form of guarana capsules and guarana tablets. As a natural way guarana is still offered in the form of guarana powder. All forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly. However, guarana tablets are sold in pharmacies, which in many cases contain artificial additives or are manufactured abroad. Guarana capsules often contain only the active ingredient in a vegetable cellulose shell and can therefore be produced without fillers. Guarana capsules or guarana tablets should be taken with sufficient liquid (for example water or juice). It does not matter whether guarana is taken before or after a meal. However, if you have a sensitive stomach and cannot take Guarana tablets or Guarana capsules on an empty stomach, you should eat something beforehand and take the supplements afterwards. In general, it should always be ensured that the product was produced in Germany to guarantee a consistently high preparation quality. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product was also produced safely and has a high quality.
Vitamineule® Guarana Capsules
In our online store you can find our guarana capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Guarana capsules contain 100 mg of pure caffeine from guarana per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: Does Guarana increase physical performance?
In conclusion, guarana as a natural ingredient in supplement form can play an important role in brain health and function. The active ingredients in guarana, particularly caffeine and other stimulant compounds, can help improve mental alertness and concentration, support memory, and improve mood.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Effects of the consumption of guarana on human health: a narrative review
- Nootropics as Cognitive Enhancers: Types, Dosage and Side Effects of Smart Drugs
- Guarana: revisiting a highly caffeinated plant from the Amazon
- The use of guarana (Paullinia cupana) as a dietary supplement for fatigue in cancer patients: a systematic review with a meta-analysis
- Encapsulation of Rich-Carotenoids Extract from Guaraná ( Paullinia cupana) Byproduct by a Combination of Spray Drying and Spray Chilling
- Disclaimer and general notice on medical topics: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here.